WHAT WE'RE WEARING: Black Skinny Jeans
Black skinny jeans are a wardrobe essential.
They can go with everything. You can dress them up or down and they're perfect for everywhere but church (put some real trousers on). The most important thing with jeans in the fit. Regardless of where you are shopping, try jeans on (whether they are black or not) because they need to fit just right. If you are curvy, they need to have some space where you need it. If you have no backside, you want to make sure you find a pair that doesn't sag. There is no secret to great jeans, it's all about finding great jeans just for you. Try them on to find the brands that suit you and accentuate your figure in all the right places.
Once you've found that perfect pair of black skinny jeans, you're definitely going to want to keep them looking like the same pair of perfect black skinny jeans for as long as you can.
Dark colored clothing is notorious for fading and jeans can easily loose their fit without proper care. One of our favorite retailers, Madewell, has some wonderful tips on keeping your new jeans looking new. They've broken it down to five simple things you can do to maintain that "new jean look."
1. Before washing your jeans for the first time, make sure to set the dye in a bath of water, one cup of white vinegar, and a tablespoon of salt.
2. Instead of washing to clean, freshen them up with a mist of 1/2 cold water, 1/2 vodka. After the misting, let them dry then put the jeans in the freezer overnight to remove most bacteria and odor.
3. Household cleaners can be an effective and gentle way to remove stains. This can actually apply to many pieces in your wardrobe. Pine Sol is great for removing grease.
4. This probably goes without saying, but wash your dark denim on the delicate cycle. Hand washing is definitely preferred, but sticking with cold water, a color safe detergent, and turning the pants inside out can go a long way as well.
5. Avoid the dryer. Always. Air drying denim prevents the fibers from breaking down, thereby prolonging the quality of the color and fit.
Once you have this wonderful wardrobe essential and these quick tips to keep it wonderful, you'll be set for everything from brunch with friends, a casual day at work, an upcoming date night, or pretty much anything else that comes your way!